England’s longest medieval water filled moat surrounds the site which dates back to 1229.
Explore Michelham’s fascinating 800 year history, from its foundation by Augustinian canons, through the destruction caused by the dissolution of the monasteries in Tudor times and into its later life as a country house. This picturesque island offers a great day out for the family.
– 7acres of grounds with kitchen garden, physic and medieval herb garden
– working watermill and forge
– interactive medieval gallery in the 14th century gatehouse
– replica Bronze Age roundhouse
– children’s play area
– trails, dressing up and hands-on activities throughout the house
– café and gift shop
– regular events throughout the year (visit our ‘events’ page for details)
Download a Michelham Priory Leaflet here.
Visited 595 times, 1 Visits today